Quality 54 inch tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Rldev

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
I have a real problem. I am in need of a 54 inch tub for a bathroom remodel, but have only found 5 models.

2 are porcelain on steel
2 are ultra tuff/armour plus (assuming similar to americast).
1 is cast iron(kohler), but has no tile flange so it does not seem as if it was intended for use with a shower.

I have found nothing else and am skeptical of americast and porcelain on steel. This is going to be a quality remodel, and I want it to last.

Any ideas or opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Rldev

Reaction score
The problem with the Kohler is that it interior dimensions (according to Kohler) are tiny. In fact, they don't make a whole lot of sense to me. How does a regular tub go from 48 inches to 37 inches in length in the bathing well? That's an 11 inch differential. I would imagine there is a large slope in the back area. Anyone know? I have no preblem spending the dough(it is an expensive little tub). Just seems like very little for a lot of money.

I just check my old Kohler whirlpool. It is a 5footer. Only 38" length for bathing well(lower). Is this typical of Kohler or all tubs?

Last edited:

Ladyjw40

Reaction score
AquaGlass makes a fiberglass 54" but I am not crazy about the quality. I have the same problem that is why I am considering a roman tub. All of the 54" that I found (which was very few) were so darn shallow. Good luck in finding a good one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks