Users who are viewing this thread

Jar546

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.inspectpa.com
It works so whats the problem?

PC230076.JPG

And where do we get the power from for this?
PC230077.JPG

Billy_Bob

In the Trades
Reaction score
Love that lamp cord*!

And don't need to worry about the dimmer overheating, plenty of air circulation...

*I've seen lamp cord used in an attic. All the insulation had become brittle, crumbled off, and bare wires were left exposed. And not a few inches of bare wire, rather several feet of bare wire!

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
This is the best (or worst) I have. Maybe not as bad as that switch, but this junction box is full to say the least. This was located in my basement ceiling behind drywall. There are seven (7) 14-2 cables in this box + the transformer for the HVAC. I should have got a pic of the inside to show how stuffed that box was. I don't know that it was DIY. Likely not as I know both previous owners and neither was the DIY type, but it sure could have been a handyman's work.

This circuit (15A) fed the following:

- some basement outlets
- some basement lighting
- 1st floor half-bath (non-GFCI outlet, 2 light fixtures, fan)
- 1st floor entryway lighting and outlets
- some HVAC relays/transformers
+ who knows what else

I had to add a subpanel as the main panel (30 spots) was completely full so I could straighten out this mess.

Kent

Attachments

• P1040229.jpg
    P1040229.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 688

traffic626

Reaction score
I guess should be happy that I have a few homeruns filling up my panel. I found a couple under used junction boxes in my basement that I'll be tapping into for more receptacles and flourescent lights.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks