Refinish acrylic shower pan

Users who are viewing this thread

squartie

Reaction score
Any suggestions on refinishing an acrylic shower pan that is useable but is stained and a bit grungy looking. Can it be re-glossed or is there another process. If I do replace the shower pan, any thoughts on acrylic pans versus cultured marble pans or other possibilities. I don't really want a tiled shower pan.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Acrylic can be polished, depending on how bad it is. There are polishing compounds for it. Do an internet search. It does take a fair amount of labor to polish it.

If you replace it, any material from a reputable manufacturer should be fine. I have a 15-year old acrylic shower pan that is used daily and looks absolutely like it did new. It was not cheap. I got what I paid for.

Don't abuse it, clean it regularly and use only the cleaning method recommended by the manufacturer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks