Northern England Floods...

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Yes, they were hit pretty badly there.

Global warming caused by the Americans you see.

One saving grace is that we have insurance companies that actually help people. Not American ones that try and twist and turn out of paying up.

That means that most home insurance covers flooding automatically - not like here where I have to take out a separate policy for it.

And of course we rarely have basements, which also helps. The people that might suffer are those that have paid off their mortgages and declined any home insurance at all. But those are in the extreme minority.

"If you need alternative accommodation, that's usually covered in your policy so your insurance company will make sure you've got payments for any accommodation you may need," Kelly Ostler-Coyle from the ABI said.

Many insurance companies have set up 24-hour hotlines to help those in the flooded areas get in touch, as well as trying to contact homeowners directly.

"Events like this really do show the need for insurance and how much your life can be devastated if you don't have it in place," said Ms Ostler-Coyle.

She told the BBC that she didn't expect insurance premiums to rise generally as a result of the claims, saying that this type of damage was not unusual in any given year.

"We do have floods most years and we are used to paying these sorts of claims. 2007 was an exceptional year with £3bn worth of damage but at the moment this isn't on that level," she said.

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Odd you like being here but don't like it here...if you dislike it so much no one is keeping you here...don't let the door hit you in the butt...you won't be able to be treated in our lousy hospitals...:D

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Global warming caused by the Americans you see.

Ian,
It's our way of messing with you guys.

The US is all powerful, even bringing earthquakes and floods to Jolly Old England.
Soon, you little island will be underwater.
Ha Ha

You better invest in a row boat.

AP Report
Since the Arctic has been melting, the lower ocean floor currents have been changing, pulling more and more subsurface from the England lower shorelines.
Studies have found that waterways have developed under the land mass, and that the Western edge has lowered.
At the continued rate of Erosion, they expect submerged portions of the West, which will mean changing roads and highways to circumvent the higher shorelines.

Too funny!

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
those dirty americans....

those dirty americans.....

the only thing we are good for is to come over and rescue Europe in two world wars and then from the communists....

speaking of getting stiffed like the shitty insurance companies in the USA...
has any country in Europe ever paid back their
war debts?... you remember lend lease?

we are all in this together,
so enjoy the roller-coaster ride

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I say thank you very much America for all your hard work on Global warming.

It gets cold up here, hopefully in a few years we will be like Florida and i won't have to retire there and can stay here.

Now that the US is trying to clean up i'm hoping the Chinese and Indians will keep up the good work.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The cause of this is unproveable one way or another...cooling or warming...they would have to prove we just werent in a normal swing one way or the other...and no one and prove anything...other than the weather is changing...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Trust me when I say that within 48 hours of arriving in the US, I understood perfectly why the world was heating up.

Six lanes of freeway, full of big cars, repeated all over this massive place.

It was the biggest shock.

Mother Earth does not stand a chance against the American driver.

I DIY to save the planet. It saves you driving to my house.

And I do a better job with better parts......

Cap and trade everyone. Cap and trade.

Unless you don't have kids. In which case it really does not matter.

I hate this sense of entitlement in the US. You are not entitled to drive anywhere in the same way I am not entitled to handouts.

You do not deserve to drive to work in the same way immigrants do not deserve access to public healthcare.

So work hard and walk.

And get over it.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Take the bus.....or move.

I know there are not many properties in Boston as big as yours Dave, but I do know one that might be suitable if you are willing to "downsize".

It's a small place called "the Hancock"...

Like your current house, "you can't see it driving down the street".

200px-

It's 60 stories and 790 feet tall. Dave's addition is bigger though, but he does live in the burbs.

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Trust me when I say that within 48 hours of arriving in the US, I understood perfectly why the world was heating up

You understood nothing...you were guessing...BTW it is cooling right now...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/11/23/hacker.climate/index.html?section=cnn_latest

I hate this sense of entitlement in the US. You are not entitled to drive anywhere in the same way I am not entitled to handouts.

You do not deserve to drive to work in the same way immigrants do not deserve access to public healthcare.

So work hard and walk.

And get over it.

Look in a mirror...your the one who needs to get over it because we are the ones with what you want...that is why you are here isn't it....

One day when you understand that we have things here that others don't BUT you could have if your Government wasn't the way it was...

Then and only then will you start to understand freedome...

What you described is why people from all around the world want to come here...and you want us to be like the rest of the world????

You make no sense at all...

Go back to your Yorkshire pudding, Crumpets and sip some tea while I drive to the mountains with my SUV and dine on a T bone steak and do some fishing, hiking or hunting or enjoy any number of other things available here...in the Greatest Nation in the World...

Your just Envious that someone can have something you and the rest of the world doesn't...again I reiterate...why do so many people around the world want to come here and why would you want to change it to be like the rest of the world...

I hate this sense of entitlement in the US.

Remember 1 thing...We are Entitled and your not because it is our Country not yours...

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
2 Turkeys came to my door this morning looking for refuge, I am hiding them in my basement.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I hope your not talking about this because i live North of New York.

Yeah...you keep opening that refrigerator door and cooling us down here...quit that....:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Look in a mirror...your the one who needs to get over it because we are the ones with what you want...that is why you are here isn't it....

The only reason I am here Cass is to steal your job and exploit your tax dollars.

Once done, I will leave.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The only reason I am here Cass is to steal your job and exploit your tax dollars.

Once done, I will leave.

You are doing it legaly so that is fine with me...I hope you stay as long as you like and enjoy as much as you can...it is a great place....why would you want to leave....

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
highlander_1.jpg

Only in America.
It's great for going up to the mountains.
They don't have mountains in England though,
They use the Chunnel and ski in France.
So that's why their Island is shifting.
All that driving back and forth to France to ski in their SUV's

Except they use Land Rovers.

Oh, and then they drive all over Africa too.
Ian, you never got us those pictures of Africa.
We would love to see all of your globe trotting travel photo's.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ian,
It's our way of messing with you guys.

The US is all powerful, even bringing earthquakes and floods to Jolly Old England.
Soon, you little island will be underwater.
Ha Ha

You better invest in a row boat.

Or maybe a sailboat....:D

58312606PFGJTV_ph.jpg

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Let's just say we were a little bit surprised when this one made the trip, given the caliber of the people on board. Among them, just one carpenter and five men hired to stay a year.

MayflowerHarbor.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks