Landlord seeking advice on new water tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Sheridanman

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a landlord of a 4 unit building, and am considering options for a new hot water tank. I'm considering AO Smith Vertex, Rheem and Bradford White. The Vertex if very efficient and I believe it qualifies for a tax credit. However, I am concerned as I have heard negative reports about AO Smith quality ... not sure if this applies to the newer Vertex.

If anyone could give me any feedback or advice, I would be really grateful.

Thanks!

Dale

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heaters

IF you visit the various supply houses you will find about the same number of AO Smith heaters have been replaced as any other brand. Some Bradford White's have very short lifes, (at least one BW I know of lasted just one day), just as the others do also. It is a function of usage and manufacturing situations that the manufacturer CANNOT control which cause the failures, so you throw the dice NO MATTER which make or model you choose.

PlumbPowerHouse

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.plumbingsolutionsllc.com
We've installed many Bradford White and A.O. Smith water heaters throughout the years. I see nothing that warrants me believing that either one of them is a better water heater than the other. This year we only had 2 call backs on A.O. Smith water heaters out of over a hundred jobs.

A.O. Smith always warranties and stands behinds their water heaters, but then again, I could say the same for Bradford White. i see no basis for one being better than the other.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Is this a single tank to serve 4 units, or do they all separate heat/hw systems?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks