Connecting 2 water tanks to 1 pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Blued

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2 water tanks on the roof of my house. One of them was recently added because we were running out of water in the early evening. Major road construction nearby and some water supply lines to our neighborhood have cut, so our municipality has been rationing water to our area (I'm in the Middle-east).

I have connected the 2 tanks with a tee, but I'm finding that it may be a little more complicated than that. It seems that when the main tank is empty, the pump stops working. I guess its drawing air and automatically shuts off, even when the other tank has plenty left.

My pump details here.

Is there a 'proper' way to connect 2 water tanks to this pump?

Thanks.

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks, heres a rough sketch:

The piping from each tank should be equal in length to the pump.

IE the pump should be moved towards the left so that the connections coming out of the tee are the same length going to the 90s and up into the tank.

This will cause the pump to draw off each tank evenly!

Like this

Last edited by a moderator:

Blued

Reaction score
OK, got you. Will have to move the pump and redo the piping then. Thanks. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks