Eljer Aqua-Saver Consumer Reports best buy

Users who are viewing this thread

jmcdev1

Reaction score
This month's Consumer Reports rated the Eljer Aqua-Saver, model 091-7025, as a best buy, but they test with golf balls and other solid materials. Has anyone used it at home and can give real world experience?

It's either this or the Toto Drake. The Toto Dalton is too high to fit because of a shelf.

Got to replace 3 toilets and the price savings would be substantial if the Eljer is decent. If it plugs up in real life, I won't consider it.

Thanks, folks.

Jeff

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Eljer Aqua-Saver?
I've used one. It's not what I would have chosen.
I have to deal with real consumers.
I don't think you will plug an Aqua-Saver, but I did find that it schredded toilet paper and after the first flush, it would float back up.
For a completly clean bowl, it sometimes needed two flushes.
I don't like having to flush twice to leave clean water in the bowl.
Maybe CR should start testing these things in homes.

Last week I sold a Drake to replace a 2 year old Eljer Aqua Saver that needed interior tank frepairs.

If you need repairs, you can call:
W/C Technologies toll free at 888-PF2-WCTC

http://www.eljer.com/products/toilet/pf2troubleshoot.pdf

Last edited:
A

alhurley

I've often wondered about those tests, then realized that my BMs didn't look a thing like golf balls. :eek: :eek:

we're very happy with our Drake :)

-art-

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks