Toto Drake or Drake 2/Gwyneth

Users who are viewing this thread

potsie

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation of one over the other?

I was pretty much all set on a Toto Drake to replace my toilet but when I went and looked at them, the saleswoman suggested the Gwyneth/Drake 2. She liked the cyclone action and was selling the CEFIONTECT finish. I could go either way on the CEFIONTECT, but the cyclone flush is appealing. The 1.6g flush of the Drake is also appealing. My focus is solid waste removal on one flush, my current toilet has a lot of trouble with it. Does the Drake leave ‘streaks’ after flushes?

Thanks in advance.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
In either case, the CEFIONTECT will help. It is both smoother and more hygenic. I do not personally have an issue with streaking. It's probably a diet thing. The Drake has a fairly large water spot, so if you sit where you should, you'll hit that. The cyclone rinse is their newest version, and is probably better than the original. I've not used one, but if you use the search function, you'll see others have commented and like it.

cst454_front.jpg

Drake II

Last edited by a moderator:

hankski

Reaction score
I own both... installed about three months ago. The Eco Drake is ADA height and no Sanigloss. The Drake II has Sanigloss. To me it is harder to keep clean due to the small waterspot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks