Toto Dalton vs Gerber Viper

Users who are viewing this thread

Gramps09

Reaction score
Greetings gents!

Went shopping for a toilet today, the old one was leaking too much and it turns out it was a crack in the base trap area.

Went to HD / ******* / Lowes, and they sure do offer lots of toilets!
A plumber that was in the store saw me trying to read those boxes, and he said I should get either a Toto Dalton or a Gerber Viper. Would beat pretty much all the toilets that the above stores sell for the price point I am looking at.

He pointed me to a local distrbutor, and the Gerber Viper is around $30 less than the Toto Dalton. They said they had lots of orders for both of them and either one would be a good choice.

They are both high-seat elongated, and they both have pretty much the same flush power (or so I am told).

I don't really care how it looks, just want it to do the job it was made for, and I don't really want to keep flushing forever to get rid of the waste.

Is there a preference as to which one can do the main job better? I am getting too old to fight toilets with a plunger. The old toilet didn't have a name that I could see, but it was at least 35 years old, and it used lots of water.

Also, the wax ring, the old one has a black ruber piece in the center, I was told I didn't really need that, is that correct? I forgot to ask the plumber I saw about this.

Thanks again for the help gents! :)

Forgot to mention, I saw this test for the Gerber Viper:

But I can't find one for the Toto Dalton.

viper-21-518.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocknroj

Reaction score
Did you ever find a toto video?

I was just doing looking for an example of the dalton as well, and without luck. If you ever found any info on that and can share that would be great. Also which did you end up buying.. Thanks in advance..

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Dalton works better then the Cimarron,

However, in the Winter of 2010 the Toto Dalton was discontinued.
Too bad, I sold quite a few, and they worked well.

What I mainly sell now in the Toto line is the Drake model.

Last edited:

Gramps09

Reaction score
I was just doing looking for an example of the dalton as well, and without luck. If you ever found any info on that and can share that would be great. Also which did you end up buying.. Thanks in advance..

Never found a video of the dalton.

I ended up with the Gerber Viper, ADA height (makes a big difference with these old bones!), and it ended up being $55 cheaper than the dalton.

No clogs yet, so no complaints. :) It also has a very quick flush compared to my old toilet.
Install was pretty easy, but I sure do wish someone would come out with a foolproof way to tell if you tightened the toilet bolts correctly. I was afraid of cracking it, since I didn't know just what is considered 'tight'. It doesn't wobble or anything though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks