Put in my own basement sink, forgot a vent for the washer ptrap

Users who are viewing this thread

majorwoo

Reaction score
@Cass - I had an AAV to start, the AAV won't work in this case as you can see from the thread.

@hj - Thanks for helping me understand what was going on with the air lock. You come off a little harsh(maybe just me!), but I sincerely appreciate the help.

@geniescience - Yes, the pump has a vent line (but all the lines are 1.5"). The problem came from the Lowes guy selling me an AAV for the vent line and my not realizing that the vent line needed to let air OUT and not IN, so the AAV was worthless.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
harsh

Harsh? Harsh? I'll give you harsh! What you describe as harsh, is usually just my way of breaking through someone trying to rationalize that what they have done is not the problem. Sort of like the guy who fell off the cliff and grabbed hold of a root, but then the root started to pull loose. He called, "Help. Help", and finally someone called down and said, "Leave go of the root?" The man asked, "Who are you?" The voice said, "I am God. Leave go of the root." The man asked, "Is there anyone else up there I can talk to?" "NO! Leave go of the root!" The man held onto the root until it pulled out of the wall. He fell a down a foot and landed on a ledge where he could climb back up. The moral of the story. Do not allways depend on your own logic to solve the problem. It is what got you into trouble in the first place.

hj, I love the story,
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks