2 inch p trap in 2x6 bay

Users who are viewing this thread

Pblazer

Reaction score
I am putting in a tile shower in our attic space. I am putting in the drain but finding out the p trap isn't fitting into the 2x6 floor joist space. Is there any way to reduce the heighth of the trap without having to raise the whole subfloor to accomadate? Reason why I don't want to raise the floor is that our ceiling height is already tight with the angled ceilings.

Pblazer

Reaction score
I think were going to have to cut into the floor below and frame a box to allow for the couple inches needed.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
trap

There may be ways to do it, but you would have to get together with your inspector to find out if he would allow them. I cannot go into details, because you might either misinterpret them and do them incorrectly, or not check with the inspector first and get into trouble. ALso, the possibilities depend entirely on the location of the drain line IN the joist space.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks