NPS water meter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rad777

Reaction score
Argh! I replaced nearly my entire house plumbing with Uponor/Wisbro PEX over the last 2-3 months; I had a lot of 3/8.

Anyway, today was the home stretch... To the MAIN! woot! finally....

The water meter is this plastic device (wireless/sends usage) , but it is NPS. I called the water co. but they are closed and open only to emergencies.

So a few minutes ago I cut right behind the device to sweat in a temp PEX adapter.

Is my only option to wait for the water co to give me an NPT device or NPS -> NPT adapter of some sort?

Thanks for any assistance!

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I would wait for them to give the device. If they don't charge you could possibly ask them to even come and change it out for you. Seeing how the meter is their device and if you break it you bought it :D

In my city the public works department does this kind of thing for free.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
meter

How about a picture, since I have NEVER seen a water meter without "union tailpieces" which had a male IPS thread. Is that what you mean when you say it is IPS?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks