Ceramic Disk Bath & Shower Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

DanMcD

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Delta makes a ceramic kisk faucet for the Bath & Shower?

I see they have one for the sinks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Delta has come up with the Diamond Seal ceramic for kitchen and lav, due to low lead requirements. I have not seen any indication they plan to change the design of the very successful and reliable 1300 series ( R10000 rough valve).

DanMcD

Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo,

I did not know about the 1300 series. I do like a ceramic disk, but it sounds like the 1300 series must have proven reliability since it has been around for some time.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The basic internal operation of the 1300 cartridge, both the old style and the new one, uses the time-proven seat and spring mechanism. Reliable, plus easy and inexpensive to repair.

The seat/spring design is so good, it has been copied by almost everyone at one point or another. Price Pfister is now using it in some of their Pfirst models.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ceramic

The ceramic seat is interchangeable with the rubber seat/spring combination, but the mating surface also has to be ceramic, which is probably why they have not converted the tub/shower valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks