(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water use - hissing G-Max Korky 528 fill valve - Quiet Fill

Yes Korky sent a new cap under warranty.
    Yes I did the hose in the proper position.
    Lifting the hose didn't stop anything.

I went a bought a Fluidmaster (which is cheaper than the Korky).
    Everything has been fine and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by jadnashua View Post
    Did you try replacing the cap like was suggested way back at the beginning of this thread? Did you try placing the hose at it's proper position? If you lift the hose up, does it stop? If it does, that's your answer. Install it like the manufacturer says.

Well it has been three days now and the Fluidmaster is quiet and working. Weird that thwo different Korky towers didn't work and one new cap. Korky's are around $13 and Fluid master is around $7.90. Hm?

The only thing about the Fluidmaster is that the tower part it isn't tall enough. My tank is probably 40 years old, is taller than the new ones and holds more water. The Fluidmaster will only allow water to fill to with in two inches of the water line. I have the setting to maximum float height.

Oh well, it flushes fine and I'll save a bit more water. It'll help make up for the $100 that the Korky wasted.

DIY Senior Member Runs with bison's Avatar

I still wonder if this is somehow being caused by high water pressure. You say it is tied in before the regulator. I don't know what sort of pressure the valves can take indefinitely. If the water authority made any changes recently that changed the local line pressure that might explain why you started experiencing the problem.

True.

We'll see how this one goes.

I can always lower the pressure at the regulator in the meter pit.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

The fluidmaster has two adjustments for height...the fine one you adjusted on the float, and a second one to adjust the total height of the tower...if I remember correctly, you twist the whole thing like a screw, and the thing expands. You may need to remove it from the tank to have enough clearance to do it. It is described in the instructions, which you probably didn't read...
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

DIY Senior Member Runs with bison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by urdrwho View Post
    I can always lower the pressure at the regulator in the meter pit.
    I thought you said the tee for the toilet was before the regulator? Are you saying there is a second regulator?

I'm laughing. You are right, I didn't read the instructions...just installed it.

Thinking now I did see adjustments available on the tower. Maybe I should go by the just let it be, if it ain't broke......don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by jadnashua View Post
    The fluidmaster has two adjustments for height...the fine one you adjusted on the float, and a second one to adjust the total height of the tower...if I remember correctly, you twist the whole thing like a screw, and the thing expands. You may need to remove it from the tank to have enough clearance to do it. It is described in the instructions, which you probably didn't read...

There is a regulator in the meter pit (owned by water company) and there is a regulator inside the house, installed when city water was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Runs with bison View Post
    I thought you said the tee for the toilet was before the regulator? Are you saying there is a second regulator?

Question Toto G-Max Flushing System Filling Problem (Water Re-Filling)

Hi All, we have a couple of of 3-4 year old Toto toilets that are exhibiting the following flushing system problems:

1) An abnormal start/stop filling process
    2) They keep trying to fill even after they're at the stopping point

So basically, as soon as you flush, the flushing sytem (g-max) starts the filling process, but instead of the usual constant fill then stop, it first starts to fill for a couple of seconds, then stops for a second, then starts to fill again then stops again and so on. When it gets to the point where it should stop filling (overflow hole), it keeps going with the stop/start fill routine for another 30 seconds on one of the toilets, but on the other toilet, it can sometimes go on like this for minutes (sometimes we even have to flush again to get it to stop).

I made sure that the drain plug is resting over the drain hole nice and firm. I even pushed down on it while it was doing the fill/stop routine to see if it would make it stop, but it made no difference, it still kept trying to fill even though the water level was at about where it should stop.

Does the flushing system need replacing? Is there something clogged? A broken seal somewhere? Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Miguel
    Last edited by oolatin79; 04-18-2010 at 03:48 AM.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would pick up an assembly cap at Lowes Hardware and replace it.
    $2.47 near the Korky parts in the plumbing section.
    No tools, and less then a minute to replace.

Terry, thanks for merging my post in, and thanks for the awesome prompt response. I'll try the fill valve replacement and post back with the results. Have a great weekend. Thanks again sir!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Woohooooo....the fill valve replacement caps did the trick. The washers on both caps were warped. Thanks again for the help Terry!!!!!

Default Toto Supreme not always filling water with tank

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I picked up the Supreme, and it is a god send compared to the "Wellworth". However, there does seem to be some problem filling the tank with water periodically. I remove the lid and give the inlet valve a jiggle and it starts to fill the tank for the next flush. I don't see any room for adjustments. Any thoughts on what is required for a permanent fix?

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the valve is sticking, it may need cleaning or a cap replacement.

www.terrylove.com/korky

Default Korky 528 question

I installed a korky 528 anti-siphon float valve over a year ago and have had no problems up until now. There is a slow leak somewhere, and I can hear a squeeling soud as the pressure builds within the valve and a slow leak is occuring slowly filling the tank. Is there a remedy to fix this problem that has occured out of nowhere, or do I need to get another replacement kit? Thanks in advance for the info.