Power Miser 12 repair

Users who are viewing this thread

aynsdad

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Power Miser 12 40 Gal gas water heater. This week the pilot stopped working. It seems to go out once the tank reaches peak temps. It relights immediately and heats, then goes out. My first thought was thermocouple but after seeing a parts diagram I don't think it works like that. Any ideas out there?

Plumber Jim

Reaction score
Website
www.broomfieldplumber.com
It sounds like the flame arrestor is dirty. It will be a pain to clean but you need to vacuum the lint and dust from it. It is located under the heater in the center. You will have to make some kind of attachment for your vacuum.
Here is a link http://www.broomfieldplumber.com/water_heater_fvir_cleaning.html

the top water heater picture should look close to what you have. If you are lucky you still have that black plastic screen on your and can just clean that otherwise you need to get inside behind that to vacuum the dust out.

aynsdad

Reaction score
Plumber Jim

Thanks. That's pretty much what a Home Depot rep told me while I was there today. Already tried it and so far so good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks