hot water pipe to upstairs sink issue ?

Users who are viewing this thread

elykoj

Reaction score
i live in a 3 story older home. on second floor is my main bathroom and showe/tub. i took a hot shower this morning, got out and turned on hot water from the sink to shave. after about 10 seconds i started to hear a whistling noise then all of a sudden the hot water shut off and i can hear this loud banging noise. i shut it off and go downstairs and run hot water on first florr kitchen sink and everything is fine, i go to the basement and run hot water on utility sink, all is fine there as well. go back to 2nd floor hot water on sink same issue. what the heck can this be? :confused:

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Loose faucet washer. Maybe in the faucet or the valve under the sink.

John

elykoj

Reaction score
follow up

i tried the sink again last night, turned on the hot water after a few seconds it did same thing again. i went under the sink and turned off the hot water at the valve and then opened it up as much as it would go. turned hot water on again at the sink and it release a dirty black water for a couple of seconds and then it ran hot and stayed running.

does this sounds like a valve under the sink that is going bad ?:confused:

elykoj

Reaction score
What would be first line of action ?

what should i do first to check this out? spell it out please since i do not have alot of experience in plumbing. i did put a new faucet in when we bought the house so is it possible that this issue would happen to the faucet thats about 5 years old?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks