has Kohler Cimarron been redesigned?

Users who are viewing this thread

mgh49

Reaction score
I am not a plumber but need a toilet that doesn't clog up. I looked in Consumer Reports and they rate the Kohler Cimarron K-11456 as the second highest (single flush). It says the bowl cleaning is the next to highest rating ("very good"). But I was reading earlier posts here (2005 - 2006) about the Cimarron and how badly it cleans the bowl after flushing and wonder if maybe they have recently redesigned it for it to rate so highly in Consumer Reports???? What toilet do you all recommend?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Consumer Reports has a 100% perfect record in recommending toilets... 100% wrong that is. Kohler is living on their past reputation. Their toilet designs have remained essentially the same, and they try to make them work by recreating the flushing mechanics. They have a terrible record of clogs. The brand most recommended on this forum is Toto. You can not buy them in Big Box stores, and they do cost a bit more than other brands. Bottom line is simple. They just don't clog, and they flush 100% if what ever is in the bowl. American Standard has quality control problems. If you get one that is not misshaped, or otherwise flawed, they seem to flush quite well, but they do have a high percentage of flawed units. Toto's quality control is second to none!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The class six Kohler that I used last, had a pretty noisy flush, it was installed on a tile floor, and the rinse was very sparse.
It was improved over the class five that didn't bother rinsing the back half of the bowl.

Did you also notice in the Consumers Report that they listed the Cimarron five times, even though it was the same toilet?

And the Gerber Ultraflush four times, even though it's the same model?
I started selling the Gerber Ultraflush first.
It's hard to get anyone to buy a second Ultraflush.
I wonder how much Global Union is paying Consumer Reports for the puffy article.

Did you notice the video that Consumer Reports did of the Ultramax II after they plugged the outlet of the bowl?
I've been selling lots of the Ultramax II, and have had one in my main bath for over a year.
I've never had a complaint on this model.
They should have done video of mine. Mine works. I don't have a plug in the bottom of it.

And that their number one pick, the dual flush Gerber, has tank parts made by Global Union that fails after six months?
I quit selling the dual flush Gerber.

And that Global Union has asked to do a major advertising program on this web site?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks