Which Pressure switch to use

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimdandy

Reaction score
Can I use a FSG2 Square D 40/60 pressure switch with my 1.5 HP GOulds Deep well Pump?
Everything I have read that tells me the rating on that switch says it can be used up to 1 HP? The next one up though is a 3HP switch.

Teets

CT pump guy
Reaction score
What size is your tank, and how deep is your pump set. We use the 40/60 switches predominately, unless the customer requires otherwise. Some people use 30/50 switches, and some like 60/80 heavy duty pressure switches. Why are you trying to match the switch to the pump? Were you told to, or do you have a specific application?

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The square D FSG2 is rated up to 1.5 HP operated on 115 volt and 2 HP on 230 volt. You don't mention which voltage your operating on but most jet pump motors are dual voltage and are easily changed.

Last edited:

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
Yes you can use it. It will work fine without any problems.
There fine up to about 17amps, any higher than that, and it is better to use a contactor with the switch.
For your pump it will be fine.

Travis

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks