Toto CST743E noise when flush starts and stops

Users who are viewing this thread

kevintoto

Reaction score
I installed a CST743E myself and it's much better than the 14 years old toilet it replaces. But it wouldn't be a fun DIY if everything is perfect, would it?

After pushing the flush lever, there is a short sucking sound. The same sound happens again when the flush is done and is a little louder. I'm guess it's the flush valve but it's brand new so it shouldn't be defective. I've also tried to adjust the supply line valve and the water level screw but they didn't make any difference. Is it because the water pressure is too high?

Do anyone else with 743E have similar problem? Thanks,

Kevin

Reaction score
I've not noticed this in my three CST743E's, but I'm not sure what you mean by the sound.

Which fill valve arrangement do you have: Type A or Type B (see the manual, page 4 for a diagram.) If you were able to adjust level easily without removing a white tamper key, then you must have the A which is a screw type adjustment.

Where is the sound coming from: Bowl? Tank? Fill valve? Flush valve?

You could probably determine whether or not it is fill valve related by shutting off the water supply to the toilet, then flushing. If you didn't hear it then that would mean the sound was coming from the fill valve. When you say the water pressure is high, how high?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks