Not doing it myself... cost of water to refrig

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mntentman

Reaction score
I don't like messing with much plumbing other than working under the sink, so I need a pro for this. I need to run water to a new refrigerator, have never had one with water. The kitchen sink is not on the same wall. I know there are a lot of factors involved, but any way someone could give me a ballpark estimate as to what a plumber would charge for this? Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
WHere is the nearest cold water? It could be a bathroom, the basement below, or the kitchen sink. What you don't want is one of the clamp-on valves that then pierces the pipe to supply the water. You want to install a T and a real valve. It will all depend on where it is, how far you have to run it, and how good the access is.

Mntentman

Reaction score
The basement underneath is open, so access there is very easy, and there is a bathroom and a kitchen sink both no more than 15 feet from the refrigerator, so lines are near.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is impossible to even hazard a guess on plumber or electrician charges because every job will depend on ease of access which will determine the time needed, and local plumber/electrician rates. It's not a difficult job nor should it take very long barring access problems. Materials are a minor cost, and as Jim suggested in his reply, insist on a ball valve rather than the saddle valve that just punctures the supply line. That will cost a bit more, but it is a much better way to make the connection.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
water

The cost would even depend on the plumber's efficiency or experience. One might make a half day project out of it, while another would have it in and running in a half hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks