Hey Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
My local Home Depot is selling Kinetico, over the counter, DIY and I can't get them to return my phone calls :D

I kid you not. I was in there today looking at pellet stoves and what do I see out of the corner of my eye. A Kinetico softener setup on display. I thought they were only interested in selling to selected distributors? I didn't check into it as to what you do if something is screwed up but knowing HD you would probably be on your own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
No...you will have to call them,Kinetico,....and have their rep come out with his proprietary parts...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
My local Home Depot is selling Kinetico, over the counter, DIY and I can't get them to return my phone calls :D

I kid you not. I was in there today looking at pellet stoves and what do I see out of the corner of my eye. A Kinetico softener setup on display. I thought they were only interested in selling to selected distributors? I didn't check into it as to what you do if something is screwed up but knowing HD you would probably be on your own.
I've not heard of this before with Kinetico but RainSoft has a set up with HD or Lowe's in some areas. Maybe it's a store's choice as to what brand they sell.

Could you tell if it is a sales lead program advertisement thing or outright sale at the store? If it's an in store sale thing, I bet their dealers aren't too happy. Or maybe it's a local dealer selling to the store.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'll have to check, but it looks like it's outright sales. The equipment was lumped in with the other stuff.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ok so here's the update. Went back to the Depot (bought a pellet stove) and sure enough some company out of Manchester is selling it within the store. You fill the sample bottle, send it to them and they send a salesman out.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
There just using the store for leads...I bet they won't sell you a unit out right to DIY...

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
That would be my guess. I wonder how much they pay HD for the privilege?

Fitzy

Reaction score
This is how I got started looking into softeners and nuetralizers recently. Someone outside the store was giving a "free water quality analyis". I gave him my name and number and they called the next days saying they had an opening in 2 days. I said sure come on over, my wife will be home, but they insisted both of us be there. I though it was funny since all they were doing was testing my water, but sure enough they tried to sell my a very expensive unit at ~9:30pm (after 2.5 hours of tests and demonstrations). Sooner or later I'll figure out nothing is free...:rolleyes:

Matt

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks