Can I concrete around ABS?

Users who are viewing this thread

manintrees

Reaction score
I am building a bathroom in an unfinished basement and have removed a chunk of the slab to put in a shower and toilet. I have roughed in the plumbing and was wondering what I should do when it is time to pour the concrete. Should I wrap the ABS in something so the concrete doesn't contact it? Thanks for your time!

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
I usually wrap in a layer of that thin foam "sill seal". It allows me to jackhammer the concrete out if I need to and allows for expansion/contraction when it gets hot/cold. One inspector I dealt with required it...

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yep, either sill seal or they make a cap called a red had that keeps the concrete away from the pipe.

manintrees

Reaction score
What a weird and fortunate coincidence. I assumed that something was needed so I wrapped the pipes in sill gasket a few days ago. I posted the thread to see if that would suffice. Thanks guys.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks