Need help with roughing layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

ST54

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm brand spanking new here, and would first like to say hello and that I look forward to future participation.

I have a roughing question and could use some help.

Can a shower and toilet be vented off the same tee? The vent (tee) is less than 2' away from each fixture.

I've scanned a sketch of what I want to do, but don't know how to upload it.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
2'

The distance from a vent means NOTHING. HOW the drains and vents relate to each other is what determines whether it is proper or not. A vent can be 2" from the drain and not be proper, or 6' away and be perfectly legal.

pensfan84

Reaction score
Steve,

I can't speak for your situation, but due to the help with other people on this forum, I was pointed in the direction of using a sanitary tee with a side inlet to be able to do both. Granted, there can be no drains above this coupling on the stack, to allow these units to vent properly. If there are, they will have to be vented separately and tied in above the highest coupling on the stack. I'm not a plumber at all, but that's what I've been told anyway.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ww...nlet&op=search&Ntt=abs+side+inlet&N=0&sst=All

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks