Legs vx Flat Bottom

Users who are viewing this thread

GoldMaple

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
For those of you have installed many water heaters what do you think about the difference between those with 3 legs and those that have a flat base? Do you find that when the basement floor is uneven and you have to install a water heater with no legs that it wobbles? This is my concern given my basement floor is very uneven....

Missouribound

Reaction score
Well...that decision is often made for you....electrics tend to have flat bottome while gas units are on legs.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I don't think they make WHs with legs any more. My old one had them and I am lucky they did not fail since everything was hard piped.

Flat bottom is the way to go.

That must be one uneven basement to wobble such a small base.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
legs

The old gas heaters had legs because the air inlet was at the bottom. The new ones have it at the side so it does not need the space under the heater. If it wobbles, just use shims or bricks at three points make artificial legs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks