Running Flushometer Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Mcali2330

Reaction score
I have been having a problem with the upstairs neighbor where water comes leaking down into my Apartment. She says that her toilet flushes by itself and ends up over over-flowing... before it happens i can hear the toilet upstairs running for an abnormally long time. Can this really be the problem? or is she not telling me something?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
A running toilet should not cause it to overflow unless there is another problem with the waste line or toilet its self...a partial clog or something on that order...

Like hj said if it is running the valve need new parts...

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the toilet overflows, then there is a clog. If the leak is coming from under the toilet, then the wax ring has failed. That is not to say the valve does not need servicing as well, but a faulty valve would not shut water off, but the water would just go down the drain. Your neighbor needs a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks