Supply Lines

Users who are viewing this thread

pensfan84

Reaction score
I recently purchased my 80 year old home and am beginning to remodel. During the process, I will be replacing most of the existing iron and old copper pipe with new copper supply pipe.

I've read that it's a good idea to supply the bathrooms that have both a toilet and a shower with 3/4" pipe, and use 1/2" takeoffs to supply each fixture, to prevent water usage from affecting the shower.

I've also read that code allows 3 fixtures to be served by one 1/2" pipe. Does this mean for a given room?

I am looking for some advice on how to effectively (and intelligently) redo the supply lines in my old home. I currently have a kitchen and two bathrooms, but will be installing a 1/2 bath on the second floor in the Spring.

Any advice?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks