Excessive water pressure in Shower???

Users who are viewing this thread

LarryK57

Reaction score
I recently renovated my bathroom and installed a separate tub and stall shower. I ran new copper pipe up a common wall between them, threaded tee's feeding the tub faucet, with the lines continuing up to the shower diverter. My problem is that occasionally the shower would drip when some other faucet was used somewhere in the house, and this morning the cold water valve on the tub gave out. (can not turn off the cold water in the tub) I plan to call the company first thing Monday morning to see about a replacement valve. I've never had a problem with water pressure being too high. I turned off the cold water to the bathroom, but I'm wondering if the Price-Pfister fixtures are the problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem with this brand, and if so, what can I do to fix it? Thanks

Larry

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
What leads you to the conclusion that you have too much pressure? This is not a likely cause of a drip or leak. Sounds like you just need new washers or cartridges. You can easily check your household pressure with a small gauge available anywhere for less than $10.

PricePfister is a decent brand, not prone to unexplained leaks. Their parts wear out just like any brand and need occasional repair.

LarryK57

Reaction score
The high water pressure was just a wild thought since the unit was practically brand new. It has only been in service for 1-2 months so it strikes me as odd it would go bad that fast. I suppose it's a weird coincidence that the valve stem for the tub fixture would go bad at the same time as the cartridge. I spoke with someone from Price-Pfister and they said the dripping problem was due to the cartridge needing replacement. Anyway, they're sending me a replacement cartridge AND a new set of valve stems for the tub fixture. I'll let you know if that solves the problem. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks