(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: How does the dshwshr rinse agent get into the rinse?

Hybrid View

Default How does the dshwshr rinse agent get into the rinse?

Hi All
    The wife is indicating its time to get a new dishwasher.
    Dishes dont seem to be as clean as they used to be.
    Ive read all the threads on the topic.
    BUT, I have noticed that the rinse agent does not seem to ever need refilling, so , I figured it was plugged.....
    I pulled the complete back of the door out, and there is a chamber that holds the liquid rinse agent, but , I can not figure out how that rinse agent is supposed to be injected into the rinse.... there are no apparent ways for the liquid to make it into the dishwasher ...
    Has anyone taken one of these apart and do you know how the liquid is dispensed......

Thanks

Default Dw

Make and model of the dishwasher please. The circuits are not generic, so every one is different.

Default Model Kenmore

Thanks for the request
    Kenmore Ultrawash
    665.15765691 kenmore

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP) Lakee911's Avatar

Here is the parts diagram and list: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...r=665.15765691

It's not clear to me where your part even is on the diagrams. I would imagine that there is a solenoid somewhere that causes the rinsing agent to be sucked out of the reservoir via a venturi.

There is nothing electrical directly attached to the reservoir that I can see......
    Has anyone ever taken one of these things apart ?

DIY Senior Member Runs with bison's Avatar

How old is the dishwasher? When you say things aren't getting clean are you referring to things like particles and such not rinsing off? Or are you seeing etching of clear glass?

The newer dishwashers (last decade or so) seem to have progressively better spray patterns and such. I had an old one that I replaced about 10 years ago after it got to where it wouldn't clean anything. It was probably a worn pump or something as I don't think the spray nozzles/arms were doing much by then. I've since moved several times and it seems that each newer on has been better.

There is some real art & science to getting an effective and even distribution. The spray nozzle angles seem to have been improved and the coverage is much more even. Loading it in a way that actually cleans the dishes is much simpler now.