Mitsubishi Mr. Slim opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

knoctor

Reaction score
I am adding a 30x16 family room addition and 20x20 master bedroom suite.
We keep our bedroom very cool, even in Winter, but prefer a warmer family/tv room. We are in Ohio, so winter can get cold and I understand that heat pumps are not effective at 18 degrees or less, so my thought was to supplement with a vent free gas fireplace for colder days (99% effficient). Essentially we are adding two "zones" to heat/cool, with each zone having it's own independent unit. has anyone had experience with the Mr. Slim products, and has it been favorable?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are some byproducts from combustion with a vent-free unit. It consumes O2, and produces CO2 and H2O, with various other gasses, depending on how clean it burns and the exact composition of the gas feeding it. In a tight house, it's not the greatest thing. A small one for atmosphere that doesn't run forever is another thing.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
In your climate, heat pumps are of limited use, and most installations of a heat pump would have back up electric strip heat, which is not an option with the minis.

I would consider some heat sources ( other that ventless gas....don't like that idea at all!)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks