Rather wall mount than upflush

Users who are viewing this thread

Marco

Reaction score
Hello, I am adding a toilet to a ground floor (on slab) laundryroom. There is a horizontal stretch of soil pipe in the wet wall that I can tap into for the new toilet. Problem is the center line of the soil pipe is 11 1/2" above the finished floor. American Standard's "Glenwall" wall mount has a 4 1/8" waste port center line. I could raise the toilet 7 3/8" to meet the existing in-wall pipe but this would put the bowl rim at 21 7/8" which is above most people's comfort height. The laundryroom is small and the tile floor will eventually slope to a drain in the middle. A built-up floor platform/pedestel for the toilet would create a traffic flow and floor drainage impediment, not to mention the jury rig look of it. I want to avoid this solution if possible. One of SaniFlo's upflush toilets would do the trick but given their price it seems like overkill just to raise the discharge 7 3/8". MY QUESTION IS: is there a wall or floor mount unit on the market, handicap style or otherwise, with a higher discharge port on the back? Even a couple inches would help bring the bowl rim down to a more conventional height. My first entry here at Terry Love's excellant site. Hope somebody has a solution. Thanks. Marco

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks