Favorite valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben Wilson

Reaction score
Just curious to know - what is everyone's favorite supply-line valve? Valve type, manufacturer, connection-type, etc....

I've always like Apollo ball valves with solder ends. I've replaced almost every valve in every rental I own, and I've never had a problem with 'em!

Pytheas

Reaction score
Just curious to know - what is everyone's favorite supply-line valve? Valve type, manufacturer, connection-type, etc....

I've always like Apollo ball valves with solder ends. I've replaced almost every valve in every rental I own, and I've never had a problem with 'em!

In my other thread about valves, someone mentioned that you cant buy supply valves with solder ends cause no one sells them anymore. And that they are replaced by compression valves. - or am I an idiot and dont know what I'm talking about?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valves

Compression valves for fixture supplies are one thing. Brass/bronze main line valves are a different animal all together. I use the brand the supply house carries, and Appollo is not one of them. Nibco is the most common "domestic" valve, but they also carry a couple of lower priced import lines.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I only buy American-made valves. It's the least I can do.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I like anything made in China. Since they are going to own us in another 10 years or so I might as well start sucking up now. :eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks