Changing fixture locations

Users who are viewing this thread

robertrt

Reaction score
Moving toilet to stall shower location and vice versa. Are there any problems with the waste pipe differences and how to overcome them. :confused:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm afraid you have more problems than you realize. The shower drain should be 2", and the toilet requires at least 3". Yours may be 3" or 4". The location of the two drains as related to the walls are not the same. In short, your entire plumbing will have to be redone. As often mentioned by pros on this BBS, nothing is impossible...given enough time and enough money. This job will require plenty of both.

robertrt

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen. I thought that there would be an issue with the diameter of the waste pipes. I am going to rethink this move and avoid a total repiping. :(

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks