I do not understand firearms in America

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Ian, will you please do me some common good? My weeds are huge, the leaves are reproducing and everything is a mess and overgrown... :) Can you rotate tires? lol.

I will PM my address, lol.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Little%20Shannon%203%20copy.jpg

I seem to be the only one not holding a gun in this photo.
The one in the fur parka is my brother James, he had come down for a visit from Alaska.
He now works in Washington DC, London And Geneva.
The one on the far right, is my younger brother Shannon.

Gator37

Retired prof. engr.
Reaction score
I thought this was good!

1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson

2. "Those who trade liberty for security have neither." ~ John Adams

3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
8. Know guns, know peace, know safety.
No guns, no peace, no safety.

9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
14. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?

15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

16. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
IF YOU AGREE, PASS THIS 'REFRESHER' ON TO TEN FREE CITIZENS

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The one in the fur parka is my brother James, he had come down for a visit from Alaska.

You should have known James would do good someday. He was the only one back then who could afford shoes.

Shannon became a pimp. It was that or turn gangster.

The mystery figure third from left appears to be Clark Kent.

clark_kent.jpg

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Well, Ian, As a subtle and friendly reminder, you are able to make these speculations and be a liberal world traveler rather than a German slave because American in 1939 had the most guns per capita in the world and every kid knew how to shoot a squirrel or cat at 100 yards. We also had the most machine tools, mines, factories and wherwithal to use them. And our kids were willing to dodge the Geman u-boats to go to merry England [our ex-tormentor] and fly the day missions bombing your teutonic buds...In those airplanes that poured out of Henry Fords 4 mile long plant llike beer in a British pub. [You said elsewhere you would never dare own an American auto, but I say you owe your very existence to Mr. Ford, and should immediately scrap your Hondas and pay up your debt to our society by honoring his genius]

12 of mom and dads school chums finished on the beaches of Normandy. I bet they came in from England in a landing craft made by GM. Our right to carry guns is as basic as the English's right to twist up the English language into a quirky hodgepodge of noises that makes a chinese kitchen sound calming.

If the commoners as well as the landowners were allowed guns and hunting rights back in ye merry olde England, I would guess Australia would still be a wildnerness.

It was'nt a bit unusual to see a 14 year old and his friends carrying long guns through town walking to the cornfields for a pheasant hunt in small towns up into the 1970's. Now I suppose a swat team would shut the city at all exits and entry points.

One interesting statistic from the Wall Street journal: America is still by far the worlds largest industrial/manufacturing nation, in spite of all the debri at the dollar stores. So....maybe we can save the world from itself one more time before the Chinese run over us all like fire ants on crystal meth.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
I am beginning to dislike all these State laws. Is there a movement I can join to abolish the States and have the Feds take over everything?

Well, you could go back to America in about 1775 and be a subject of the British. I think that would be a fair equivilent.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Little%20Shannon%203%20copy.jpg

I seem to be the only one not holding a gun in this photo.
The one on the far right, is my younger brother Shannon.

You mean your guitar did'nt have a gun concealed in the neck like mine???

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Well, you could go back to America in about 1775 and be a subject of the British. I think that would be a fair equivilent.

They were very happy days indeed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks