Sandpoint below Frost Line

Users who are viewing this thread

ton

Reaction score
I am going to install a new sand point next spring. I would like to have it burried below the frost line and have the 1 1/4" pipe trenched until it could be pulled into my crawl space. I will be installing a check valve under the premise so it could be easily serviced rather than have it in the ground. I am on the correct path and any recomendations would be appreciated.

Also would like to know about encasing the sand point and piping in an ABS pipe. Someone told me it slows down the wear factor on the point and the coupling joints. It would also be easier to pull it out should it need service. Is this a good idea and how is it done? Thank you.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
A sand point is a point driven into the ground. Depending on the geology a sand point lasts from 10 to 40 years. Lining it with anything is useless.

I always recommend the check valve being the nearest to the well as possible, that way when the pump is at rest (not running) the offset line is pressurized to the check valve. This helps eliminate the possibility of air getting into the system sometimes causing the pump to lose it's prime shortly after it starts.

However many times I have installed the check valve at the pump because of as you said convience and they worked great!

Porky Cutter, MGWC
NGWA certified "Master Ground Water Contractor"
Google porky cutter for my stories!

ton

Reaction score
Thank you therefore having the end of the pipe in the ground 4 ft (below forst line) with a brass 90 degree elbow coming off it with a 1 14" pipe coming up to ground level under the cottage is ok. Please advise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks