Boiler problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Rapid96

Reaction score
we put in a propane boiler in our shed... i was wondering if you need a bleeder on top of the expansion tank, we do not have one, we just have one on the highest point... the next question i was wondering if 835 feet of line is to much for one pump? its a 1.7 amp pump

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Gonna need pictures and or a better description on this but generally the expansion tank is mounted on an air elimination device (I like spirovent) and the fill valve should be mounted at the same point because this is the point of no pressure differential in the system. The main circulator should be mounted just downstream of the tank and fill valve. 837' of pipe. How big is the pipe? either way a little Taco 007 or a Grundfos cartridge pump is not going to cut it for that distance, You can get pipe friction loss and pump performance curves from www.taco-hvac.com

Rapid96

Reaction score
its a 1/2'' pipe too

Attachments

• boiler1.jpeg
    boiler1.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 494
  • boiler2.jpeg
    boiler2.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 500

patsfan78

Web Development | HVAC
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechheat.com
Something else to consider is that you may obtain better results by putting the circulator pumping away from the expansion tank, because of the point of no pressure change. This can help with air problems as well. But you might want to install an air eliminator above the expansion tank as mention before.

As far as the pipe you are going to have to determine the diameter of the pipe and figure out how much pump you will need. That is a fair amount of pipe for one little circulator.

Best of luck

Mike

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I don't even know where to begin except to say that all of the piping is undersized and installed incorrectly. You need a professional to come out and straighten that mess out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks