Shallow well and sprinklers

Users who are viewing this thread

florida

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm running drip systems now off my residential well system but I'm concerned that the constant cycling will burn up my fairly new submersible pump. I've got a 3/4 HP Gould pump at about 70 feet in an 85 foot deep well. I'm thinking about putting in a shallow well just to run the drip systems. I've got water down about 7 or 8 feet so the well should not be a problem.

What I think I'd like to do is run a circuit around my yard from the well and back around to the same line if that makes any sense. I've got about 1 1/2 acres and I'm only concerned with watering plants, not lawn.

Before I do something dumb I thought I would see what you experts have to say or what better plans you could offer. I'm open to anything.

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
What is the demand of the drippers in total.Your static can change in a hurry.Upper

florida

In the Trades
Reaction score
Good question, I wish I had a better answer!

My current system, using the residential water pump and well, has about 80 drip heads that use 1 gallon per hour. I've got plenty of water at all the drip heads so far and can even run a hose off the far end. I suppose this means about 80 gallons an hour now but I'd like to be able to add more drip heads. My pump still cycles every 10 minutes or so.

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Florida your static may not drop too much at 1.5 gallons per minute.a little solar set up is what you need..Upper

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks