(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Will Plumber know what crimp ring to use on Uponor PB to PEX fitting?

Hybrid View

Default Will Plumber know what crimp ring to use on Uponor PB to PEX fitting?

I am remodeling my bathroom which includes installing new fixtures. I plan to use all PEX. The existing pipe in my house is PB. I am using the Uponor (Wirsbo) PEX and plan to cut off the PB and connect it to PEX where it comes through slab. I already bought the PB to PEX fittings from PEXSupply.

However, the PB to PEX fittings do not come with a crimp ring for the PB side of the fitting. Since I don't have a PB crimp tool, I was planning on calling a local Plumber to make the connection/crimp.

My question is, would this "PB to PEX fitting" use a standard crimp ring (if there is such a thing as a standard for PB)? Will the Plumber have the right parts on hand?

Are all the 1/2" and 3/4" PB rings the same or were there different "brands" of PB requiring different sizes/types of crimp rings (like we see with PEX fittings)?

I don't want my Plumber to just use whatever crimp ring he has in his tool box (not knowing any better) if there is a special ring needed.

I should/will call Uponor but I thought I'd start here.

Thanks

Previous member

keep calling around until you find one that does

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    keep calling around until you find one that does
    Sorry, I don't understand your reponse. Are you saying I should call various Plumbers until I get the answer? If so, I don't know what the right answer is. I mean, if the guy (plumber) says the fittings/crimp-rings are all the same, either he may be right, or he may think he's right. If he thinks he's right and he uses the wrong crimp ring, I have a problem (possibly a few years later).

My question is "are there different crimp rings used on PB pipe/fittings depending on who made/manufacturered the pipe or fitting"?

Thanks for replying.

Previous member

He's not much of a plumber if he does not know the answer but for your edification, the rings are the same yes, with the exception of those used for Watts Pex.

Thanks.

I wanted to stay at a Holiday Inn last night but got lost on the way and had to sleep in the car.

Previous member

BTW, You may be able to rent a crimp tool at your local plumbing supply house