Hansgrohe Shower High Temperature

Users who are viewing this thread

mattfred

Reaction score
I moved into a place this summer and the shower had a pretty low maximum possible temperature. The faucets and other showers get plenty hot, so I'm not concerned with the heater. Now that its starting to get colder, I'd like my shower to be a little bit warmer. Its a hansgrohe 04908 (I think). I removed the face plate and handle after I found some instructions to adjust the temperature on the internet, but my plumbing doesn't look like the instructions and I can't seem to find any that look like what I have.

I've attached a picture of the instructions and of my shower. Can anyone help me adjust the maximum temperature?

Attachments

• show instructions.jpg
    show instructions.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 9,550
  • 2009-10-24_18.52.19.jpg
    2009-10-24_18.52.19.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3,950

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Thermostatic valve

It never surprises me how many faults we find in all these High End fixtures.

You need to contact the techs direct from the manufacture or if you can source a plumber familiar with these units that would be easier.

What is the best store in your town to buy plumbing fixtures. Call them and ask for there senior most sales member. Ask them who to call.

Good Luck

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It looks like you may have an expansion kit on the valve and that may be complicating things. It may become obvious if you remove that cap and screw.

mattfred

Reaction score
I don't have access to the water main and I was afraid to remove that end piece without turning off the water. Do you think it will be okay? I gave it a little bit of a twist, but the screw didn't budge, so I was afraid it was under pressure.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
The picture shows a stem in the left side of the valve body. This is the shutoff for the hot water side. There should be one on the other side for the cold water. Usually a 1/4 of a turn will shut off the water then you can open up the valve.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Another look at the picture and the slot for a screw driver should be in line with the holes within the shut off valve. It shows that it is slightly up and not parrallel to the body. Try turning it clockwise to fully open the valve then check the hot water flow.

mattfred

Reaction score
I got it fixed. Thanks a bunch. I shut off both the hot and cold water which gave me the confidence to open the top part. From there it was pretty obvious. Thanks a lot for all your help.

PeterGoose

Actor
Reaction score
Samer HansGrohe Heating Problem

So, I sem to be having the same problem as MattFred, but mine is slightly different. The hot water works well in all fixtures except the shower. My setup is a little different inside. I have the same center spindle WITHOUT a stop collar. Also my hot and cold adjustment screws DO NOT turn off the water (I'm sittinh here drenched as I write!). There doesn't seem to be any way of mmanually adjusting the spindle any higher to provide more hot. If I unscrew the large nut behind the spindle there is no cap, just a large opening. I don't know if my unit is older or newer than Matt's, but I guestimate it's about 4-5 years old.
Any Help???? Thanks!!!

EuroPlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hansgrohe valve

The first guy in this thread was trying to work on a PBV with instructions for a Thermostatic valve.

The next one sounds like an older Ecostat model, which has filters. You need to clean the filters on the thermostatic cartridge. If you have service stops with screw driver stops, you can contact Hansgrohe and they will send you the latest version. This replaces all of the old working parts with a better design and less filtration which is a good thing. Best of all they won't charge you for it and you will end up with a brand new shower valve. Replaceing the old with the new is easy, but you will have to turn off the main water supply to do it.

Hansgrohe's number is 800-334-0455

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks