Inlet around well pipe into house leaking - how should I seal?

Users who are viewing this thread

jdhanson1

Reaction score
When it rains, water is entering through the PVC pipe hole for the flexible well hose. Only when it rains, or else I would be concerned the well hose was leaking. The previous owner filled hole with expanding foam which does not provide a water tight seal. Is silcone sufficient once I remove as much expanding foam. Will the outside pressure of the water push the silicone out over time? If so, any other suggestions?

Also, I had the well shocked when we moved in (the house was vacant for 9 months), but there still appears to be a smell in the water (only in the toilets), water taste great. I want to get a professional test done, does anyone have any recommendations for labs that work with DIYers via the mail/online.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jim

Allen Meyers

Reaction score
When it rains, water is entering through the PVC pipe hole for the flexible well hose. Only when it rains, or else I would be concerned the well hose was leaking. The previous owner filled hole with expanding foam which does not provide a water tight seal. Is silcone sufficient once I remove as much expanding foam. Will the outside pressure of the water push the silicone out over time? If so, any other suggestions?

Also, I had the well shocked when we moved in (the house was vacant for 9 months), but there still appears to be a smell in the water (only in the toilets), water taste great. I want to get a professional test done, does anyone have any recommendations for labs that work with DIYers via the mail/online.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jim
Do you mean the conduit??

Your country health department will give you test bottles, then you just mail them to a state lab. Not expensive at all.

Doing a proper test is not hard. Let the water run from the sample tap at the pressure tank for at least an hour. Of course, you will have to use a hose and take it off. Then use a small torch and flame the end of the tap. Being very careful not to contaminate the sample, fill the bottle to the line.;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks