Stainless Steel Strainer for kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

w.l.weller

Reaction score
Hi,
Doing a kitchen remodel. Grabbed this strainer for the new sink. Disappointed to find out except for the top part shown in pictures it's mostly plastic. Is this the norm any strainers out there of all metal construction?

Thanks for the help.
Blanco BBS-SS-B Stainless Basket Strainer

Attachments

• blanco_basket.jpg
    blanco_basket.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator:

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yes they are still out there. I can't think of the make off the top of my head but I get them at my wholesaler quite frequently.

Is there any reason why you want to go to metal over plastic?

w.l.weller

Reaction score
just a preference, given a choice I'll go for metal over plastic. Guess in my head, plastic=cheap metal=good

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
strainer

Usually I would eschew a plastic strainer, but that one, and those like it, are the exception, since they fasten using a center bolt in the bottom, rather than a lock nut so they seal to the bottom of the sink with a gasket, rather than inside the sink with putty. There are many all metal strainers, but their quality varies according to their prices.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks