Water Coming out of Pressure Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Chenzo

Reaction score
Came home yesterday to find that I had no water pressure. I had over the last month or so noticed that the switch on the pressure tank would click/contact excessively turning on and off whenever water was running. back to last night ---I removed the differential pressure switch cover and could manually make contact with the switch and water would flow from faucets etc. Replaced the switch with the same type 30/50 and it kicks on itself again and we have running water. The problem still remains when water is running it turns on and off excessively. I went to check my tank pressure and water comes out the valve. Is this a dead tank, leaking bladder or something of that sort, and I need to replace it? Model is H2Ow-TO.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Yup that is the classic description of a shot bladder tank...

Chenzo

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, from what I've been reading I figured I would need to get a new tank. Any suggestions on a tank that has a bladder vs diaphragm or are they the same?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Now might be a good time to ditch the switch and get a CSV and a smaller (much smaller) tank

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Peter Griffin is right install a Cycle Stop Valve www.cyclestopvalves.com or better yet purchase their Pside-Kick. I comes with everything you need including a small tank. This will give you a constant pressure like city water pressure and make your pump last longer.

Porky Cutter, MGWC
National Ground Water Certified, "Master Ground Water Contractor"

Chenzo

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the information and advice it has been very helpful in helping me make some decisions. I will consider the CSV.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks