Toilet whith two drains...

Users who are viewing this thread

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
That toilet is missing an adaptor and it uses a very sticky type of gasket (which seems as if it wasn't supplied to you.) the adapter is bolted to a regular flange and the openings will fit into this fitting. The entire porcelain is bolted/secured directly to the finished floor/tile floor from the back of the toilet using a ratchet type tool and lag bolts.

I installed one a few years ago, and as I understood it, it was made from an outfit in Quebec and then later sourced out to China (for the cheap labour)

I have to tell you that I would hate to be the guy servicing that toilet for a repair. No standard parts would fit in the toilet that I installed.

Paulinien

Reaction score
Hi Krow and thanks for the answer,

Is it possible to tell me if you rememer who was that toilet maker from Quebec?
Maybe i would have a chance to know why they maked it like this way and also the purpose of it!
I know that's been a few years ago but maybe you have papers left from that disturbing story!
A name ... is what I need to go further on (probably)!
It seem's that you're the only one who saw that thing ever on this forum.

I'm waiting for your answer,

Thank you in advance,

Paulinien

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm not sure what part of Canada your in, but try the designer type plumbing fixture stores. WE have one "mom and pop shop" here in my town that might be able to track it down with a picture or any type of stamp name or number on the unit.
I don't recall the name of the toilet or the manufacturer name. I just wanted to get as far away from that beast as possible

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
The more I look at that toilet, the more the front hole doesn't look like a hole. Are you sure the hole closer to the front of the bowl is actually a hole? or is it blanked off?

If its blanked-off then it serves as a supporting leg for the entire bowl

Inspektor Ludwig

Journeyman/Inspector
Reaction score
I've seen some strange things in my day but this one's new to me. I'm always dealing with homeowners who purchase off the internet then try to get the plumber to install it not knowing that it may not work here. There's some interesting technology out there that's for sure. A good standard that I go by is that it needs to be UPC or IAPMO approved or have some listing by or for the U.S. Then you know for sure that the fixture will work with U.S. plumbing installations. I'm sorry I couldn't help you with this one.

Paulinien

Reaction score
Big thing !!!

Thanks’ everybody for your advices!

By the way Krow, being the only one on this forum to have seen something like this beast you are probably one of the most experience in this forum or a lucky or unlucky guy!

I did put some other pictures to show more precisely what it's all about.
I decided for the purpose to break the small film of plastic of the upper hole.
Nothing to loose and that will indicate you more or less what it's all about.
Again the two holes are communicating and are the same size 2 inches.

What city are you in that I can call your contact (mom and pop shop).

I'm located in Montreal Quebec Canada.

Do you think that I should resale-it?
At what price... if it's the case?
It was supposed to be paid $400.00 and it's a 3 and 6 litres flushing.

I wouldn't like to be the one to buy for sure... to complicate!

Maybe I will destroy this thing... Don't know yet.
Or maybe somebody on this forum is ready to buy this challenging thing?
Or maybe I will sell it to a Museum!!!

But after all for sure there is a use for that complicated thing.

Thank for all your comments,

Paulinien

Attachments

• IMG_0623-2.jpg
    IMG_0623-2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0624-2.jpg
    IMG_0624-2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0625-2.jpg
    IMG_0625-2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0626-2.jpg
    IMG_0626-2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0627-2.jpg
    IMG_0627-2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 267

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm in Ontario. If you are still interested to call this mom and pop shop I will pm you the info to contact them

Last edited:

nancynurse

Reaction score
a few years later. I have been searching for info on how to install this same toilet that we purchased. It is a designer one with a matching pedistal sink. beautiful designs. Live in the USA. Did anyone figure it out?

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Need a expert...

Thanks for yor answer Cass!

The thing is that if you have never seen somthing like this then I suppose you dont have the right answer for me.

Now, what I'm looking for is that anybody have ever seen something like this and know how to install it?

Thanks for answers,

Paulinien
Yes, I've seen something like this before. We were married for eleven years.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks