Toilet whith two drains...

Users who are viewing this thread

Paulinien

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

Is there anyone who have a idea what kind of toilet it is and how to install it?
I bought it from a particular, brand new never installed and later before I decide to intall it I was in shock seeing two drains. I went to different stores and no one is able to help me or to tell what it is.
Now I can't return it. That's my problem.
This toilet as two drains. Why's that? What's the purpose of having two drains? One of the drains is patch whith a thin film of plastic.
I'm thinking of when i'll have this toilet stock what I'm i gona do Unclogging a Toilet Using a Closet Auger it will for shure destroy the drain's patch whith a small film of plastic.
Is there anyone out there who can help me to resolve my problems?
Any suggestions?

Thanks for your answers,

Paulinien

Attachments

• 077-2.jpg
    077-2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 809
  • 079-2.jpg
    079-2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 828
  • 080-2.jpg
    080-2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 820
  • 081-2.jpg
    081-2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 734
  • 082-2.jpg
    082-2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 759

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

I don't know why it was made that way, but I do know you are going to have a devil of a time securing it to the floor, because the bolt holes are not on either side of EITHER opening, so you will not be able to fasten it to a conventional flange. AND once the toilet is in position, HOW will you get inside it to tighten whatever means you do use to secure it. I think you have the makings of a very unique flower pot, because that is the only thing I would use it for.

Paulinien

Reaction score
Need a expert for toilet ...

Need help to know why this toilet has been made like this.
Thanks for the answer HJ !
But for shure there is a reason for that toilet to exist.
I don't know how I'm going to install that thing!
Is there any expert or anybody that have been seing that kind of toilet
anywhere and is it possible to know more about it?
I dont want to loose my money but it seems that I have bought something very particular.
I'm waiting for all your answers,
Thanks
Paulinien

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Are both of those holes actually through to the water trapway? Or is one of them plugged, meaning it is a manufacturing process port?

What brand? Obviously designed to be used with some kind of special adapter, or it is a toilet for the space shuttle, or it is Russian???

Paulinien

Reaction score
Need help...

Both holes are communicant.
The brand Unknown!
No Brand on the toilet.
For shure it's from China.
It come's with dual flush 3and 6 litres.

Thanks for answers,
Paulinien

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Personaly I would deep six the toilet and stop wasting time trying to make something work that looks like it will only give you continuous trouble...

Paulinien

Reaction score
Need a expert...

Thanks for yor answer Cass!

The thing is that if you have never seen somthing like this then I suppose you dont have the right answer for me.

Now, what I'm looking for is that anybody have ever seen something like this and know how to install it?

Thanks for answers,

Paulinien

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Does it have a seat??? I doubt you will find one if it doesn't...

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There's no doubt you have an oddity and it would be interesting to know just how it was meant to be installed. But, realize that you have had three professional plumbers respond to the question and none of them have ever seen such a toilet much less have an answer to your question. There is no way under the sun that I would attempt to install this beast. It would have to be some homemade concoction that would almost certainly be unreliable and flood your home with sewage. I realize you have this thing and it is paid for, but the plain truth is, it's is a useless piece of junk.:eek:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's missing a flange adapter.

Measure the back of the tank, to the center of the rear drain.

If it's more then 12", then you will need to move the plumbing in your home.

Standard plumbing is the US is 12" from the back wall to the center of the drain.

Like hj mentioned, there is no logical way to secure this to the floor.
There is no flange adapter
The outlet is too far forward for standard USA drains.

This may work in other countries, you may need to find out how their homes are plumbed.
It doesn't look like anything that we have seen.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If the toilets tank is against a wall the bottom has a curve that looks like there might be enough room to fit a lag bolt and washer and tighten it with a ratchet...maybe but I doubt the discharge will line up with any flange...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

What makes you think ANYONE has experience with that toilet? There is NOTHING standard about it, so NONE of our suppliers would even look at it. In addition, the one open hole looks so small that I would be concerned with it stopping up every few days. Although that second opening might work as an overflow it it did. Someone did the Tom Sawyer thing on you. THey bought a "white elephant" but convinced you that it was something you really needed and unloaded it on you. He probably went out and celebrated that evening.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I had some time to kill.
Apparently that is or looks like a Chinese made toilet, maybe made by a company named Kele, maybe model # KF03.
It uses a P-trap (180mm) and an S-trap (300mm). I've got no idea how that would be installed but if it does use an S-trap than it can't be used in the US and possible in Canada either.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
There's nothing American or Standard about that little fella.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It does look like the trap is internal from the pics...

Paulinien

Reaction score
Thank you everybody !!!

Hello there...

Thank you everybody for all your advices.

I feel like that i've had being a junior in this game.

I will have to destroy the thing or pass it on to another junior like me.

I perefer the first idea. I don't like to full people like it append to me.

But... I would realy like to know who and why that toilet was made for.

Thanks for answers.

Paul

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
But... I would realy like to know who and why that toilet was made for.

Thanks for answers.

Paul

We've had some members from SE Asia describing and posting some truley weird setups, I would guess it's for their market. I doubt that type of fixture would be installed in this hemisphere or the European market.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is indeed amazing what some third world countries come up with. There have been comments on the forum from people living in some of these countries who are trying to plumb drains correctly but can't find the parts necessary and are looked at by locals are being somewhat nuts. One of the first (if not the first) country to have a sewage system was Italy. Yet I stayed in a hotel near Venice where the toilet had no trap, just a flap in the drain that opened the toilet flushed. Others have had horror stories that are much worse than mine.:eek: It would be interesting if the exact origin and method of connection could be determine, but only to satisfy curiosity.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks