relocating stove

Users who are viewing this thread

zenrgie

Reaction score
I want to Move my stove 15 feet from it's original location. Can i simply run a flex pipe of some type from the stove's original gas shutoff valve location to the new location? This would entail running the pipe below the hot water heater and under the kitchen sink. Any code violations or restrictions in this move?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't think a flex that long is made, and I doubt that you would be wise to run any kind line under a water heater. Is access under the floor a problem or are you just looking for a super easy way? You should run additional black pipe under the floor to the desired location. Unless you are fully capable of working with gas, you should call a pro. A bad waterpipe connection will just leak water, but a bad gaspipe connection could ruin you whole day.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks