(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Double Sink in Bathroom Vanity

Default Double Sink in Bathroom Vanity

I am so confused....... I have attached a picture of my vanity. How would you run the drain lines? The main drain line is to the left of the vanity. The problem is the draws are in the middle of my vanity. If the sinks connect to a p-trap in the middle, then the draws can not be used and would have to be cut. I was thinking that each sink could have its own p-trap and connect to a single drain, but I read that the velocity of the water can siphon the water in the p-trap down. Run a individual drain to each sink so the siphoning would not be a problem? What should I do?????HELP!!!! Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by GeronimoDF; 10-21-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Default drains

There are several ways it COULD be done, but we do not know enough about your house to decide WHICH are possible, or if there is only ONE good way for you.

Last edited by Terry; 06-02-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Journeyman & Gas Fitter Doherty Plumbing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoDF View Post
    I am so confused....... I have attached a picture of my vanity. How would you run the drain lines? The main drain line is to the left of the vanity. The problem is the draws are in the middle of my vanity. If the sinks connect to a p-trap in the middle, then the draws can not be used and would have to be cut. I was thinking that each sink could have its own p-trap and connect to a single drain, but I read that the velocity of the water can siphon the water in the p-trap down. Run a individual drain to each sink so the siphoning would not be a problem? What should I do?????HELP!!!! Thanks again for your help.

Remove the vanity, cut the wall open, and relocate the drain line to where you need it to be!