Double Sink in Bathroom Vanity

Users who are viewing this thread

GeronimoDF

Reaction score
I am so confused....... I have attached a picture of my vanity. How would you run the drain lines? The main drain line is to the left of the vanity. The problem is the draws are in the middle of my vanity. If the sinks connect to a p-trap in the middle, then the draws can not be used and would have to be cut. I was thinking that each sink could have its own p-trap and connect to a single drain, but I read that the velocity of the water can siphon the water in the p-trap down. Run a individual drain to each sink so the siphoning would not be a problem? What should I do?????HELP!!!! Thanks again for your help.

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drains

There are several ways it COULD be done, but we do not know enough about your house to decide WHICH are possible, or if there is only ONE good way for you.

double_lav_rough_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I am so confused....... I have attached a picture of my vanity. How would you run the drain lines? The main drain line is to the left of the vanity. The problem is the draws are in the middle of my vanity. If the sinks connect to a p-trap in the middle, then the draws can not be used and would have to be cut. I was thinking that each sink could have its own p-trap and connect to a single drain, but I read that the velocity of the water can siphon the water in the p-trap down. Run a individual drain to each sink so the siphoning would not be a problem? What should I do?????HELP!!!! Thanks again for your help.

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

Remove the vanity, cut the wall open, and relocate the drain line to where you need it to be!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks