Just to get you guys worked up, what do you think of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Marty53

Reaction score

Attachments

• permaflow.jpg
    permaflow.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 623
Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I like the way it will move the blockage to a less accessible part of the pipe.

Defeats one of the objectives of a trap: to catch blockages so they are more easily removed.

How many wedding rings will be irretrievably lost with those things?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I was going to come down on this like a ton of bricks but then I remembered that waterless urinals are allowed and they use a bell trap which is also prohibited so in the end it is just another product that will be shoved upon the public because it is easier, faster, and more convieniant. :mad: It's times like this when I truely miss NHMaster's comments

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
I was going to come down on this like a ton of bricks but then I remembered that waterless urinals are allowed and they use a bell trap which is also prohibited so in the end it is just another product that will be shoved upon the public because it is easier, faster, and more convieniant. :mad: It's times like this when I truely miss NHMaster's comments

Name sounds familior....Where is NHMaster?

I'm not endorsing this POS, but where does the code prohibit the moving parts?

Oh, hey if you read the description, you can get your coffee stirrers back! Mmm... hairy greasy soapy coffee ... Mmmm....

Hook a motor to it and turn it into a chopper pump? ;)

Oh it says that traditional p-trap design is "made from Polypropylene/PVC or brass/chrome that rusts and corrodes." I hate it when I encounter rusty PVC...

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The owner will sell enough of these to retire and there will be enough in the field for us plumbers to replace and make $$$ doing it so I am all for it...:D

Marty53

Reaction score
yea it doesn't seem like it would stand the test of time with all those parts. Thats where I see it failing. I do think the clear plastic has some advantages, if its in an enclosed location where you only would have to look at it if theres a clog.

So are you saying because the moving parts aren't making the seal it is allowable by code?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
trap

Next week it will be on TV for $19.95, and if you order within 10 minutes you will get TWO of them, just pay the separate $20.00 S&H. There cannot be any internal restricions, (the codes say they shall be self cleaning which means the obstruction is not supposed to happen in the trap in the first place), and that wheel is definitely a restriction. PLUS since it is NOT a pump, all it can do is "flip" and obstruction up into the wall bent. That's assuming the stoppage is NOT hair and soap which has accumulated on the paddle wheel.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I guess you're right to question my reply about code not allowing "traps with moving parts"
I was thinking of line 1 when I replied (and forgot about the last half of the sentance):

(From Florida Building Code) 1002.3 Prohibited traps. The following types of traps are prohibited:

1. Traps that depend on moving parts to maintain the seal.
2. Bell traps.
3. Crown-vented traps.
4. Traps not integral with a fixture and that depend on interior partitions for the seal, except those traps constructed of an approved material that is resistant to corrosion and degradation.
5. "S" traps.
6. Drum traps.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
trap

Maybe the inventor could change that "flapper" to a multivaned rotor, and hook a generator to the shaft. Then they could generate electricity while the water is draining.

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
That thing will make your traps plug up more then a standard p-trap will on it's own.

I have been doing service pluming for many years now and I have to say it's a bit of a myth that your "trap" is most likely to plug up your sink. It does happen but I find that in bathroom sinks it's the mechanical waste that catches hair and stuff. In kitchen sinks I find it's usually down stream a bit from the trap. This is because all the heavy solids tend to get left behind in old dirty systems.

I wouldn't sell someone one of these traps if the company gave me 1000 of them for free. How could you ask an elderly person to go around and clean out their traps from time to time. "All you have to do sir is go around to all 8 sinks in your house here and rotate this little wheel for a bit running some hot water. Oh and because this is such a crappy design/idea for a trap you'll have to do it fairly often on your most used sinks!"

:D:D

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
I like the way it will move the blockage to a less accessible part of the pipe.

Defeats one of the objectives of a trap: to catch blockages so they are more easily removed.

How many wedding rings will be irretrievably lost with those things?

Didn't you watch the video?
It has a neat little retrieval part in it where they very easuly retrieve a ring ;)

I do like the clear pipe

HoracioO

Reaction score
Next they'll add LED lights then claim it saves energy.

Frankly I prefer my drains shaken not stirred Miss Moneypenny!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks