Do I need a pressure relief valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

enzosdad

Reaction score
Hi, I need some advice from someone who knows pumps......

I have a koshin 1" water pump which supplies water from a large mobile trailer mounted tank to an attached pressure washer. The whole set-up is trailer-mounted. The pressure washer has a small capacity internal tank with a valve which cuts off supply when the water in the internal tank reaches a certain level. So, my question is this - Do I need to fit a pressure relief valve to redirect the pumped water back into the large tank when the small internal tank fills up and the valve closes? Or can the Koshin water pump cope with the water-out being stopped by the valve in the pressure washer tank?

Any help gratefully received.

Andy

Allen Meyers

Reaction score
Hi, I need some advice from someone who knows pumps......

I have a koshin 1" water pump which supplies water from a large mobile trailer mounted tank to an attached pressure washer. The whole set-up is trailer-mounted. The pressure washer has a small capacity internal tank with a valve which cuts off supply when the water in the internal tank reaches a certain level. So, my question is this - Do I need to fit a pressure relief valve to redirect the pumped water back into the large tank when the small internal tank fills up and the valve closes? Or can the Koshin water pump cope with the water-out being stopped by the valve in the pressure washer tank?

Any help gratefully received.

Andy
I use them on anything above the ground.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks