Cold Water Spurting Air

Users who are viewing this thread

bunruhly

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have some experience with basic DIY repairs but, I have a new situation for which I am not sure of the answer. Although we have lived here for 10 years, a problem has recently surfaced when we turn on the cold water at any faucet or flush where it will spurt air and when full flow comes it is lower pressure. It is currently minor but still can splash a bit but, it seems to be worsening. I have checked all the lines and find no leaks anywhere. I suspect either the pressure tank bladder has failed or water is siphoning back into the well but not enough to lose prime yet. We are on a well, old style above ground jet (2 lines) with a pressure tank. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Regards,

Roo :confused:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Is the pump running at times when no water is being used?

Have you watched the pressure gauge to see if the pressure falls when no water is being used?

If it does, shut off the water to the house past the pressure tank and see if it still falls. If it does you have a leak on the well side of the pressure tank. Probably in the drop pipe going down the well and it could be adding air to the water.

The pump can't/won't lose prime as long as the pump comes on when the pressure falls to the cut in switch setting.

I doubt this air is caused by the pressure tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks