How would you level this shower pan?

Users who are viewing this thread

STyler

Reaction score
I have a Sterling Ensemble shower pan (and walls) that is 48" wide by 36" deep that will be supported on 3 sides. It will be located at one end of a 4' x 8' small bath in a barn (toilet on opposite wall). The concrete slab is level from left to right - but it is about 1/4" lower at the threshold of the pan than it is at the back wall (36" dimension). This pan requires no support underneath - it is thoroughly supported by a grid molded into the bottom that contacts the slab.

If I shim the front, it will raise the support off the floor - except at the rear of the pan. If I add a mortar mix in piles underneath, I will actually be reducing the number of support points - unless I cover the entire base area with mortar.

I considered SLC since the room is so small - but the slope continues to about 3/4" off level by the time you get to the other side of the 8'. My concern with the SLC is the additional approx. 1/2" of height at the door's threshold - which then will get topped off with laminate flooring and create a significant lip.

Is there a simple solution that I'm missing to raise the front of the pan by 1/4"?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks